RED ROCK RAMPAGE
ST. GEORGE, UT | FEBRUARY 27, 2021
START THE SEASON WITH A BANG
Please note the updated start times below.
The Red Rock Rampage is known for unique and challenging mountain bike trails, breathtaking scenery, and good ol’ dirty fun. Challenge yourself on this fantastic course and enjoy the great spring weather of Southern Utah. This beautiful course consists of a seven-mile loop with 455 feet of elevation gain.
With plenty of different categories—ranging from kids to pros—the Red Rock Rampage offers something for every mountain bike enthusiast.
And, if you really want to enjoy nature, there’s plenty of undeveloped, on-site camping (no services)!
Our policies and procedures are being updated. Below are a few changes you will need to adhere to on race day.
- We plan to adhere to all state and local guidelines for mass gathering numbers. We are also flexible and willing to adhere to any regulations that each venue may have.
- All racers are encouraged to bring their own hydration. We will have hydration available, but no self serve.
- We plan to do starts according to categories. we will create a start time by wave and category specifically for each racer.
- We will separate the starts for each category 2-3 minutes apart to reduce traffic on trails and reduce grouping and passing. Staging will be marked so racers stay separated before taking off. We will also separate the two waves by 2 hours. More if necessary. We are also starting races earlier depending on the venue to manage racers more efficiently.
- No on-site registration at all (just numbers pick up). Online registration will close the Thursday prior to the race at 2 pm MST.
- After finishing, racers are encouraged to cool down and return to their vehicles while awaiting results and protests. Protest period will be 20 minutes.
- All racers will need access to a personal device to download and activate the QR code to track results on their private devices. All results and protests will go through the QR code/google documents.
- Final winners can pick up medals and prizes at the Main information Tent. No podium.
- Masks are required for all personal interactions.
- No questions asked cancellation policy. If you don’t feel well, please stay home and we will refund up until race day.
RACE RESULTS NOW AVAILABLE
Advance Registration: Ends February 23rd at 11 PMElite Men and Women - $55
Other Adult - $50
Junior Men and Women - $40
Shredders & Lil Shredders - $20
Late Registration: Ends Thurs February 25th at 2 PMElite Men and Women - $65
Other Adult - $60
Junior Men and Women - $50
Shredders & Lil Shredders - $30
Start Time / Distance
|9:15 a.m.||Lil' Shredders (9 and Under)||1||1-2 miles|
|9:17 a.m.||Shredder Boys (Up to 12)||1-2||~3-5 miles|
|9:19 a.m.||Shredder Girls (Up to 12)||1-2||~3-5 miles|
|9:21 a.m.||JV Boys||2||14 miles|
|9:23 a.m.||Fresh/Soph Boys||2||14 miles|
|9:25 a.m.||Sport Women Open||2||14 miles|
|Sport Women 40+||2||14 miles|
|9:29 a.m.||JV Girls||2||14 miles|
|9:31 a.m.||Novice Men||2||14 miles|
|9:33 a.m.||Fresh/Soph Girls||2||14 miles|
|9:35 a.m.||Novice Women||1||7 miles|
|9:37 a.m.||JH Boys||1||7 miles|
|9:39 a.m.||JH Girls||1||7 miles|
|11:15 a.m.||Elite Men||4||28 miles|
|11:17 a.m.||Varsity Boys||3||21 miles|
|11:19 a.m.||Expert Men (Open)||3||21 miles|
|11:21 a.m.||Expert Men (40-49)||3||21 miles|
|11:23 a.m.||Elite Women||3||21 miles|
|11:25 a.m.||Singlespeed||3||21 miles|
|11:27 a.m.||Varsity Girls||3||21 miles|
|11:29 a.m.||Expert Men (50-59)||3||21 miles|
|11:31 a.m.||Expert Women Open||3||21 miles|
|11:33 a.m.||Expert Women 40+||3||21 miles|
|11:35 a.m.||Expert Men (60+)||2||14 miles|
|11:37 a.m.||Sport Men Open||2||14 miles|
|11:39 a.m.||Sport Men (35-49)||2||14 miles|
|11:41 a.m.||Sport Men (50+)||2||14 miles|
|*Lap distance subject to change. |
**If there are less than 10 racers in each category, categories may be combined.
|8:00-9:00 a.m.||1st Wave Check In, Registration, Packet Pickup|
|9:15 a.m.||1st Wave Races Start|
(See the "start/distance" tab for specific category time)
|10:00-11:00 a.m.||2nd Wave Check In, Registration, Packet Pickup|
|11:15 a.m.||2nd Wave Races Start|
(See the "start/distance" tab for specific category time)
Race Start LocationGreen Valley Raceway Trail
End of Canyon View Drive in St. George, Utah
Directions to Start/Finish:From St. George head South on Bluff Street. Turn right on Black Ridge Drive. Follow this until it T’s with Dixie Drive and then go left. Follow Dixie Drive around the mesa and then go left on Canyon View Drive. Follow Canyon View past the Green Valley Spa to the dirt parking lot at the end of the pavement.
On-site Camping AvailableNo amenities available on site. Fires not allowed.
Snow Canyon State ParkAmenities include:
- Tent Camping
- RV Hookups
HotelsSt. George has many hotels and other places of accomodation near the race course. For infomration about hotels, condos and/or bed and breakfasts in the St. George area, please contact the St. George Area Tourism Office
COURSE TIPS FROM PRO-RIDER: JUSTIN LINDINE
On March 25th, the Intermountain Cup Racing Series (I-Cup) will make its first stop of the 2017 season in St. George, UT, for the Red Rock Rampage XC Race. Held at the Green Valley trail area, the Red Rock Rampage has become a classic early season XC race that offers a challenging loop taking in some of the iconic terrain that southern UT riding is know for, from steep-walled washes to ledge-strewn fast singletrack. Here, for those of you who might be unfamiliar with it, we’ll break down some of the key aspects of the course along with some tips to have a successful outing at the first series race of the year.
Justin Lindine has been racing at the elite national level for over 12 years now spanning the disciplines of XC mountain biking, Cyclocross and Road. He got his start racing for the Windham Mountain Outfitters junior development team, then moved on to race for Targetraining, BikeReg.com/Cannondale, Joe's Garage, Redline Factory, and most recently Apex/NBX/Trek. Currently Justin races mtb in the spring and summer and cyclocross in the fall and winter. He's had 9 elite UCI cyclocross wins in his career, as well as being a two time winner of the Tran-Sylvania Epic Mtb Stage Race, True Grit 50, Wasatch Back 50, and The I-Cup Thaw Massacre. He's participated in the ABSA Cape Epic mtb stage race, widely recognized as the "Tour de France" of mountain biking, where he finished 9th on one of the stages. He's also won a number of gravel races including The Barry Roubaix and Paris to Ancaster. In addition to his title sponsors for 2017, Justin is excited to work with many awesome partnering sponsors including; Vittoria tires, Hyperthreads clothing, ProGold lubricants and cleaning products, TOGS, and Reynolds wheels. This season he'll be competing in a mix of endurance XC events as well as two mtb stage races and the Intermountain Cup Series.