RIDE THE GAP
MAY 22, 2021 | PAROWAN
EVENT DATE : MAY 22, 2021
VENUE: CITY PARK
ADDRESS: 50 WEST CENTER STREET, PAROWAN UTAH
We are excited to announce our new Kids Ride Free policy! Please read the FAQ before registering if you wish to participate with a kid.
Follow us on Social Media to stay up to date. We post reminders and important dates and times to keep you in the loop!
It’s a modest home with traditional white paneling. The lawn is green and well-kept as are the trees that surround the house. In fact, it has nothing notable about it and you would have let it slip from your memory if it wasn’t for the horse. As you pedal by what would be an otherwise typical home, you notice a horse, in the front yard, free as a bird, eating one of those well-kept trees. To say Parowan is quaint is to define the cliché. Seeing horses wandering around front yards is not an odd occurrence.
Founded in 1851 by Utah Pioneers looking to extract ore from the local iron deposits, the city hasn’t changed much since. There are less than 3,000 people who call Parowan home and that’s ok by them. The locals are friendly and match the quaint scenery that will surround you on your 30, 55, 75 or 100-mile ride around and through the Parowan Gap.
The Gap is worth a stop as you can see evidence of the earliest known residence of the area, the Fremont and Anasazi Indians. The Gap is a mountain that was split in two by a volcanic intrusion. The sandstone that was left bare by the split is covered with petroglyphs and contains multiple calendars that track both the moon and sun. The Gap is worth a trip and is a bonus as you pedal out your century.
All Ride The Gap routes start at the Parowan City Park. Winding through low traffic farmland and experiencing the wonder of the Parowan Gap! There are different routes for each distance, be sure to follow the signs as the route is very well marked!
• Four Distances (Full Century 100 Miles, 75 miles, Metric Century 55 Miles, and Citizens 30 Miles)
• Event is capped so register early
• Go back in time and examine what ancient people have left behind
• Fully stocked rest stops, a great lunch, and more!
• Enjoy perfect summer riding temperatures in the high country of scenic Southern Utah
• You will receive a unique Ride the Gap Event Medal with your registration
• You’ll get a custom Ride the Gap T-shirt with your registration
• Only 2.5 Hours North of Las Vegas
• Just 3 Hours South of Salt Lake City
Our policies and procedures are being updated. Below are a few changes you will need to adhere to on ride day.
- We plan to adhere to all state and local guidelines for mass gathering numbers. We are also flexible and willing to adhere to any regulations that each venue may have.
- All riders are encouraged to bring their own hydration and nutrition, but we will have rest stops, and both nutrition and hydration available, but limited self serve. We will have volunteers to help you with both.
- We plan to do rolling starts according to mileage options and we will send out an email on Thursday prior to the event with more details. No mass starts.
- We will separate the starts for each mileage option by at least 15 minutes. This will help to reduce traffic and reduce grouping and passing.
- No on-site registration at all (just numbers pick up). Online registration will close the Thursday before the event at 2 PM MST or when we hit our cap.
- After finishing, riders can pick up their medals at the finish line. We will rely on riders to social distance at their discretion and be mindful of other riders.
- Post-meal will be a boxed lunch with drinks.
Check Out a video from 2017:
Distance: 30 Miles
Elevation Gain: 1,323'
Distance: 55 Miles
Elevation Gain: 3,1492'
Distance: 75 Miles
Elevation Gain: 2,456'
Distance: 100 Miles
Elevation Gain: 5,920'
Advance Registration: Ends May 18th at 11 pm.
Citizens (30-mile route): $65 + fees
Mini Century (55-mile route): $75 + fees
Metric Century (75-mile route): $85 + fees
Century (100-mile route): $95 + fees
Group rate discounts are available
Late Registration ends on May 20th at 2 pm.
Citizens (30-mile route): $80 + fees
Mini Century (55-mile route): $90 + fees
Metric Century (75-mile route): $100 + fees
Century (100-mile route): $110 + fees
Packet Pick Up
Friday, May 21, 2021
5 pm to 7 pm – Number Pickup
Red Rock Bicycle Co.
966 S Main Street, Cedar City UT
Saturday, May 22, 2021
6:30 am to 7:30 am – Number Pickup: We will have limited packet pickup at the start line located at City Park 50 West Center Street, Parowan, Utah. The ride starts very early, so if it can be avoided, please do not pick your number up the morning of the ride. Number pickup on ride morning will be right next to the starting line. Be sure to pick up your bib no later than 7:30 am!
7:30 am – First wave goes out. Ride start times vary by distance. Look for an email with schedule and guidelines Thursday afternoon prior to the event.
Day of event
|6:00-7:30 am||Number Pickup: 6:00-7:30 am. The ride starts very early, so if it can be avoided, please do not pick your packet up the morning of the ride. Packet pickup on ride morning will be right next to the starting line at Parowan City Park (50 West Center Street). Be sure to pick up your bib no later than 7:30 am!|
|7:30 am||First wave goes out at 7:30 am. Look for an email Thursday afternoon for all the details.|
|5:00 pm||Ride Support Ends|
Rest StopsWe have a fully stocked rest stop roughly every 20 Miles! These rest stops will have restrooms, PB&J sandwiches, fresh fruits, candy, water and so on! Rest assured that we have your back!
LunchA delicious lunch will be catered from 11:00 until 5:00 *more details to follow as we line up quality vendors. We know that you will be hungry and we will be ready!
Parowan is a beautiful community situated in the heart of scenic Southern Utah. From Interstate 15, Parowan is the gateway to National Scenic Byway 143 and some of the most spectacular scenic attractions, and state and national parks. Parowan Gap petroglyphs are easily accessible, providing visitors a look at ancient American Indian culture.
Parowan enjoys the beauty of all four seasons and is home to a number of festivals and events throughout the year. With its historic homes and buildings, tree-lined Main Street, and museums, visitors to Parowan are taken on a nostalgic trip back through time. With our close proximity to the mountains, Parowan is also the gateway to breathtaking scenic trails for hikers, bikers, ATV riders and snowmobilers, as well as numerous areas for fishing, picnicking and overnight camping. There is something for everyone in Parowan.
Start and Finish Line
All rides start and finish at City Park located at 50 West Center Street, Parowan.
Each rider will receive a t-shirt and a medal.