SPRING TOUR OF ST. GEORGE
APRIL 17, 2021 | ST. GEORGE, UT
APRIL 17, 2021
VENUE: ST. GEORGE TOWN SQUARE
ADDRESS: 50 S MAIN STREET
We are excited to announce our new Kids Ride Free policy! Please read our FAQ if you wish to ride with a kid.
Follow us on Social Media to stay up to date. We post reminders and important dates and times to keep you in the loop!
Imagine yourself at the start line. You’ve got some pre-ride jitters, there’s a hint of chill in the air and the sky is clear. From your vantage point, you can watch the desert sun rise over the hills that surround you. The start goes off just as the rest of the sky is awakened by the morning light dancing off the many distinct layers that make up St. George.
They say that variety is the spice of life, and St. George has a little bit of everything. It’s layered with red rocks that define the northern side of the city jutting above the valley. You get a look deep into those sandstone cliffs in Snow Canyon and it’s all topped off with the largest laccolith in the world, Pine Valley Mountain. The area is defined by these layers and accented by the green trees in the valleys and the cottonwoods around the Virgin and Santa Clara Rivers. There’s a lot to see.
The Tour of St. George gives you a guided tour of all those layers. Starting downtown, the route immediately climbs toward the red rocks and skirts the base of the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve as you make your way toward the Red Mountain and pass by the mouth of Snow Canyon. You will be treated to views of the sandstone topped by the surrounding mountains. As you keep pedaling, you will dip all the way down to the Arizona Stateline while you make your way toward Sand Hollow and Quail Creek State Parks and their corresponding lakes. From there, your return trip take you past more layers of sandstone and terminates back where you started in an oasis of green surrounded by red rocks.
The Spring Tour offers lengths for every rider and fitness level. Pick either a 30+, 75 or 100 mile distance to tailor your tour to your abilities. With rolling sag and fully stocked and themed rest stops, all you need is your bike and the desire to pedal your way through all the layers.
• Event will be chipped timed
• Event is capped at 800 riders so register early
• Enjoy the scenic landscapes of Sand Hollow State Park and Quail Creek State Park.
• Fully stocked rest stops, a great lunch, and more!
• Enjoy warm spring riding temperatures in scenic Southern Utah
• A distance to challenge every rider with 30+, 75, 100 mile options
• You will receive a custom Spring Tour de St. George Event Medal with your registration
• You’ll get a custom Spring Tour T-Shirt your registration
• Only 90 minutes North of Las Vegas
• Just 4 hours south of Salt Lake City
Bring the Family! The Spring Tour will start and finish at St George’s Town Square & there is something to entertain everyone for the entire day!
Our policies and procedures are being updated. Below are a few changes you will need to adhere to on ride day.
- We plan to adhere to all state and local guidelines for mass gathering numbers. We are also flexible and willing to adhere to any regulations that each venue may have.
- All riders are encouraged to bring their own hydration and nutrition, but we will have rest stops, and both nutrition and hydration available, but limited self serve. We will have volunteers to help you with both.
- We plan to do rolling starts according to mileage options and we will send out an email on Thursday prior to the event with more details. No mass starts.
- We will separate the starts for each mileage option by at least 15 minutes. This will help to reduce traffic and reduce grouping and passing.
- No on-site registration at all (just numbers pick up). Online registration will close the Thursday before the event at 2 PM MST or when we hit our cap.
- After finishing, riders can pick up their medals at the finish line. We will rely on riders to social distance at their discretion and be mindful of other riders.
- Post-meal will be a boxed lunch with drinks.
Advanced Registration ends on April 13 at 11 PM
Citizens (30+-mile route): $65 + fees
Metric Century (75-mile route): $85 + fees
Century (100-mile route): $95 + fees
Group rate discounts are available
Late Registration ends on April 15th at 2 pm
Citizens (30+-mile route): $80 + fees
Metric Century (75-mile route): $100 + fees
Century (100-mile route): $110 + fees
Packet Pick Up
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Red Rock Bicycle Co, Corner of 100 S and Bluff St
St. George, UT
Friday, April 16, 2021
Red Rock Bicycle Co, Corner of 100 S and Bluff St
St. George, UT
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Race Start Line: St. George Town Square, 50 S Main St
7:30 am: Rolling starts begin.
5 pm: Ride Support Finishes
Day of event
|6:00-7:30 am||Number Pickup: 6:00-7:30 am. The ride starts very early, so if it can be avoided, please do not pick your packet up the morning of the event. Packet pickup on ride morning will be right next to the starting line at 102 W Old Mill. Be sure to pick up your bib no later than 7:30 am!|
|7:30 am||First wave goes out at 7:30 am. Look for an email Thursday afternoon for all the details.|
|5:00 pm||Ride Support Ends|
Rest StopsWe have a fully stocked rest stop roughly every 20 Miles! These rest stops will have restrooms, PB&J sandwiches, fresh fruits, candy, water and so on! Rest assured that we have your back!
LunchYou will be rewarded with a delicious lunch when you cross the finish line.
The Spring Tour de St George starts and finishes in the heart of down town St George at the Town Square Park (50 S Main Street). Bring the whole family. There is literally something for everyone! Southern Utah’s climate features bright sunshine, low annual precipitation, clean air, and the wide daily temperature range only found in a desert. Best known for its mild winters and golf courses, St George is quickly becoming a hot spot for its diverse selection of outdoor activities including cycling, running, hiking, rock climbing, swimming, & canyoneering.
Here are a few suggestions to help get you started.
Stay right here at the park! Bring food to have a picnic! Bring Swimsuits for the kids! Within Town Square, you will find a splash pad, A carousel, the St George Children’s Museum, and the St George Library All without leaving the race venue!
Benja Thai & Sushi: 2 W St George BLVD., 435-628-9538
Many more suggestions can be found here: http://stgeorgedowntown.com/home-page/dining-nightlife/
Start and Finish Line
All rides start and finish at Town Square Park: 50 South Main Street, St. George, UT 84770.
Each rider will receive a t-shirt and a medal.